Subject: Re: Lightwave with EGS
From: shf (Stuart Ferguson)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 1994 10:51:29 -0700

Re: LightWave slower on EGS

Layout draws its main graphics using double buffering with an offscreen
bitmap, so even if line drawing is fast on EGS, slow blitting could be
the reason for a slowdown.  If line drawing is indeed fast, try switching
to the mode where you can see redraws.  This may be faster since it is
not double buffered.

Re: Modeler on Display Cards

As I have exaplined before, most display cards do not work with Modeler
because they do not correctly show the contents of the screen bitplanes.
Also, many screen promotion programs do not work correctly either, so
don't use them.  Never promote Modeler's screen with "changescreen" or
"ESP" or any of the other sneaky screen swappers.  Always instead start
Modeler from a promoted LightWave and Modeler will use the same screen,
or put the screenmode id in the mod-config file for standalone Modeler.

You should complain to the people making the display cards that you
want to use Modeler so they'll fix these problems.

	- Stuart